SURVEILL, THE FIRST FULLY CONTAINERIZED VMS™ , A TRUE ENTERPRISE SURVEILLANCE SOLUTION
WHAT IS A CONTAINER?
Containers are executed software images with all the prerequisites pre-configured and installed, all running in an isolated environment. No additional frameworks or database software is needed for VMS containerization. This allows video management services that would normally run in separate environments to run together on a single platform. Surveill VMS software licensing provides everything necessary, eliminating the need for extensive hardware. Surveill is a genuine enterprise VMS solution that can adapt to any organizational needs and can be integrated into any environment size, from a small business with a single camera stream to a global multi-site setup with thousands of IP camera systems. Surveill is designed for easy upgrades and scalability with minimal downtime.
ON-PREMISE, HYBRID, OR CLOUD
Surveill gives you the versatility of having an on-premise, cloud, or hybrid solution. Surveill VMS is cloud-ready and cloud-agnostic, giving you the freedom to choose which cloud fits your budget and needs.
THE FULLY CONTAINERIZED VMS, A MODERN TAKE ON SURVEILLANCE TECHNOLOGY, READY FOR MODERN SECURITY CHALLENGES
Containers are executed packaged software images with all the prerequisites included. All of this is running in an isolated environment. Containers allow the VMS software application services that would traditionally run on separate server environments to now run together on a single server. Containers help eliminate the need for multiple virtual machines and multiple traditional appliances to run the necessary features of an application.
VISUALIZE AND TRACK YOUR ASSETS
A CONTAINERIZED VMS IS DIFFERENT FROM A TRADITIONAL VMS
Containers virtualize an operating system into a single server, meaning LESS HARDWARE IS NEEDED. Systems running in containers are more lightweight and portable, with significantly less overhead.
This modern operating system of virtualization can be used to run anything from a small microservice, or a group of microservices, or run integration software all on one application. Microservice can be added and/or expanded independently to fit the need of the client and their facility.
LESS HARDWARE | MODERNIZED APPROACH | BIGGER IMPACT
Why is Surveill built with Containers? Surveill uses today’s latest technologies in anticipation of changes in the future. Being able to provide the solutions with intelligent yet simple designs, Surveill can evolve seamlessly as technology does, so it never becomes obsolete. Containers are packaged software, so they contain all the necessary executables, binary code, libraries, and configuration files needed for the VMS to function. Integrators and Installers no longer need to worry about installing additional frameworks or about match versioning. Surveill’s container images include everything you need to get monitoring.
Containers are modular and built for Flexible Enterprise™. They allow for rapid changes from development and easy, convenient upgrades for end-users. Plus, any environment that can run containers can run Surveill.
SURVEILL VMS: A SURVEILLANCE GAME-CHANGER BUILT ON MICROSERVICES ARCHITECTURE
COMMUNICATION. The microservices communicate with one another in a virtual environment. This allows each microservice to communicate with each other almost instantaneously.
Monolithic VMS architecture would require each ‘service’ running on separate servers to communicate with each other via a local network. This analog method could potentially cause higher latency and throughput issues on the networks it is running on. This could mean trouble for your security system. No security team, especially those in surveillance, can afford downtime or network failures.
To combat this challenge, Surveill VMS’s microservice communication is instant inside the containers’ virtual environment, as opposed to monolithic VMS architecture that requires communication via a local network.
SURVEILL VMS: THE MODERN SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
VMS software applications that would traditionally run on separate servers can now run together on a single virtual platform with Surveill’s containerized solution. Containers run on a virtualized environment in an operating system in a single server, meaning LESS HARDWARE in your solution. This is especially ideal for companies that want to scale into multiple campuses citywide, nationwide, or globally.
1. SURVEILL VMS is able to repurpose existing servers and optimize the overall performance because of our fully containerized solution. These containers can run on any operating system as long as the hardware allows virtualization… and it’s horizontally scalable.
2. TRADITIONAL VMS SOFTWARE is built using multiple servers for separate services to operate accordingly. The downside, however, is that it uses legacy technology and architecture that requires a lot of hardware and expensive licensing. This type of setup could also potentially increase communication latency and cause throughput issues on a local network.
3. LEAVING LEGACY SYSTEMS. Older, larger organizations do their security integrations bit by bit over time, so the investment in their system is substantial and spread across decades. Video security technology is addressed as it is needed. With an “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it” approach, these systems fall more and more out of date.
4. A SINGLE SURVEILL SERVER is here to do all the work a traditional VMS multi-server setup does. Surveill VMS is a horizontally scalable solution, where if you do wish to add more servers, it will only add to your performance, high availability, and failover capabilities. Additionally, the Surveill VMS server does not need to encode or decode any video streams, further optimizing your mission-critical performance and uptime.
5. MICROSERVICES are the components in Surveill containers. These are services that are standalone, so they could technically function individually but together make up the VMS as a whole.
Examples of Surveill’s Microservices:
- Authority – The Authority Service is a secure authentication system that supports both local user accounts and 3rd party systems. It is responsible for performing all authentication verification.
- Cameras – The Camera Service will be responsible for performing actions that interact with the camera and storing all camera configuration information.
- Coordinator – The Coordinator Service will be the central repository for configuration management data.
- Events & Analytics – The Events & Analytics Service is a microservice for adding Analytics Functionality to the VMS.
- Management – The Management Service will be responsible for logging all actions to the audit log. The management service will be responsible for sending active client notifications.
- Monitoring, Telemetry, & Logging – The Monitoring, Telemetry, & Logging (MTL) Service will be responsible for monitoring the health of all the servers, services, clients, cameras, and network devices.
- Recording – The Recording Service will be responsible for storing recording profile information and recording cameras to archives on the disk.