1.1 Definition Of Personal Information
For this privacy statement, “personal information” (also referred to as “personal data”) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (being a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to one or more identifiers such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person). “Personal information” or “personal data” may include, without limitation, your name, title, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, identification number (such as a driver’s license number), date of birth, or image.
For the avoidance of doubt, “personal information” does not include anonymous or non-personal information, including information that cannot be associated with or tracked back to a specific individual.
1.2 Personal Data Concerned
We make available a variety of products, any combination of which may be procured by a customer. The scope and nature of information collected by us varies based on the products used. In any case, we access and collect personal data only to the extent necessary to ensure that the customer can access and use the products that it has procured. We may further collect information to identify and associate the customer with the Surveill Product. This includes the customer’s name, contact information (including mailing address), email addresses of certain users entitled to access and use the products, for or on behalf of the customer, as well as other unique identifiers attributed to the customer (including its users) by us or by other service providers. Additionally, we may collect and store personal data that the customer (including its users) chooses to provide to us, at their sole discretion, without us requiring them to do so. This may occur, for example, when a customer discloses certain personal data to us when contacting us or when choosing to store certain personal data in our products as part of the use of such product or service offerings.
Instances in which Surveill may collect your personal information include, without limitation, the following:
- Interacting with our Channel Partners
- If you represent an Surveill channel partner, you may visit Surveill’s websites intended specifically for our channel partners and you may otherwise interact with Surveill with respect to purchasing or servicing our products. We may use information provided in these interactions to administer and develop our business relationship with you, the channel partner you represent, and/or channel partners generally. For instance, this may involve using your information to send you details of channel partner programs, product offerings or special opportunities. It may also include sharing certain information with other channel partners (subject to any confidentiality obligations that may exist), or prospects. In connection with a particular transaction or program, we may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction survey or for market research purposes. We will process your data on the basis of performance of a contract to which you (as a representative of an Surveill’s channel partner) are a party of or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Marketing, Promotional, Product Development Activities
- We may interact with you in connection with our marketing, promotional, and product development activities. In this regard, we may ask you for and collect personal information when you participate in a promotion or marketing campaign sponsored by Surveill or one of our business partners.
- Surveill, our channel partners, and/or our service providers may also collect information made publicly available through third- party platforms such as social media websites, online databases, or directories or other legitimately obtained information. This information may be governed by the privacy notice(s) provided by the third party at the time of collection.
- In carrying-out our marketing and promotional activities, we employ either an opt-in or opt- out mechanism (as applicable under relevant laws) to ensure we have your consent to receive any relevant communications through electronic means. If, as applicable, you either choose not to opt-in or choose to opt-out, we will not send you any further marketing or promotional communications through electronic means, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary to administer any other ongoing business relationship we may have with you.
- Non-Personal Information
- In addition, our web server may also collect non-personal information related to your visit to our website, which may include the IP address (to the extent it cannot be used as an identifier in relation to a natural person) and domain used to access our website, the type and version of your browser, the date and time you accessed our website, the website that you came from to access our website, the page of our website that you entered and exited at, any of our website pages that are viewed by that IP address, and what country our website was accessed from. Such non-personal information may be collected and used by Surveill without reference to this privacy statement.
Section 2. Use and Disclosure of Information
The personal information collected by Surveill may be used for certain business purposes including, without limitation:
- To manage, develop and improve our business and operations.
- To assist in the development and marketing of our products and services.
- To respond to specific requests.
- To provide localized content based on your location.
- For recruitment purposes when you express interest in employment.
- To engage in a business transaction, including a purchase, sale, lease, merger, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization of financing involving Surveill, our products or services or a part of our business.
- To establish and maintain an effective relationship with those whom Surveill interacts, including, without limitation customers, channel partners, end-users of our products or services, suppliers, and contractors with whom we do business.
In connection with these purposes, Surveill may disclose your personal information to Surveill’s employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates, suppliers, service providers, and other parties. When Surveill shares personal information with such parties, we require that they only use or disclose such personal information in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provisions of this privacy statement and applicable legislation.
Except as outlined in this privacy statement or any other Surveill publication addressing our collection, use, disclosure, and processing of personal information, Surveill does not provide your personal information to third parties without your consent. Please note that, in special cases, we may need to share personal information without acquiring consent, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Surveill’s or other’s rights or causing injury to or interference with Surveill’s or other’s property.
Surveill may share your personal information if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process; as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority; or to enforce applicable contractual rights we may have with you. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or advisable.
Non-personal information collected by our web server may be used to monitor our website’s performance (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for business purposes such as working to continually upgrade our website. Such non-personal information may be disclosed to other third parties or permanently retained for future use without restriction.
2.1 International Data Transfers
2.3 Storing and Protecting Information
Surveill maintains physical, technical, and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or data storage medium, whether electronic or physical, can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. As a result, we endeavor to protect your personal information, but we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit or otherwise provide to us, and such a provision of personal information is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to maintain its security on our systems.
As stated above, personal information collected by Surveill from you may be transmitted, used, disclosed, stored, and otherwise processed outside of the country where you submitted that personal information and may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the laws of such jurisdictions.
2.4 Data Retention
Surveill applies a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for longer periods of time.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will endeavor to securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Some pages on Surveill’s website use a technology called “cookies”. Cookies are placed on your computer’s hard drive and are capable of storing data to help provide additional functionality. They also help to identify you when you visit a particular website. Cookies are generally limited to collecting statistical data about website visitor usage. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
2.6 Social Media
If you connect social media to the Surveill website, interactions will exist and posts to your profile at such third-party websites may occur. Social media websites or services may have different privacy practices and policies than Surveill and we recommend that you review their privacy policies to determine if they are acceptable to you.
2.7 Your Rights
You have the right to be informed of your personal data which Surveill has stored and processes, and you may at any time require that Surveill ceases to process activities of your personal data.
21660 Red Rum Dr #105, Ashburn, VA 20147
T +1 571 748-5562